Friday, September 9, 2016

I thought these boots were waterproof!

Sep 6th, Melanie and I hiked North Moat Mtn. as one of the B group hikes.   I'll admit, it was a bit of a distance, at 10.3 miles, but it is a 52 with a view, and therefore, we just HAD to do it!

It rained, it was cloudy, and no... my boots are not waterproof!  I poured about a half a cup of water out of them when I went to remove a rock. The trail covered all types of surfaces.  Soft pine needled trail, hand over hand rock climbing, open ledges, waterfalls (including Diana's Bath), and river crossings.  It was a beautiful hike.  As a 52 with a view, we were hopeful for fantastic sights.  We got clouds, with occasional peaks of scenery, but it was still beautiful.  I would do the hike again on a clear day.  We hiked the loop clockwise, which brought us to a nice opening at mile 5.  We thought that was the summit, but it was not until a mile later.  It was a nice day, and of course a day on the trail is always better than a day doing, well, most things!  :)

Melanie

The summit of North Moat Mtn.

No comments:

Post a Comment